The Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES), established in 1933, is the world's leading education, training and certification association for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration professionals.
RSES’ mission is to provide opportunities for enhanced technical competence by offering comprehensive, cutting-edge education and certification to our members and the HVACR industry.
There are so many reasons why you should belong to RSES. Here are just 5:
1) Comprehensive Training
Specialized HVACR training and education is the #1 reason individuals join RSES. RSES publishes in-depth courses in Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Electricity, Controls, Heat Pumps, NATE Certification Preparation and more. In addition to its publications, RSES also offers additional educational opportunities through its seminars, local Chapter meetings and classes, as well as online training.
2) Timely Information and In-Depth Technical Resources
RSES provides timely and reliable access to information important to the HVACR profession.
RSES Journal, the official monthly magazine of RSES, is a peer-reviewed publication that keeps everyone interested in the HVACR profession up to date through a wide variety of feature articles and news of the profession.
The RSES Service Application Manual (SAM) available online at no additional charge to members and contains literally thousands of pages of technical data, equipment analyses and evaluations, field application instruction, regulations, good practice codes, business development guidance and more. New chapters are added to SAM 3-4 times a year.
3) Networking Opportunities
RSES local Chapters and the RSES Annual Conference offer exciting and valuable educational and networking opportunities.
4) Volunteer Opportunities
RSES provides numerous volunteer opportunities to serve the profession and the Association in many areas through its local chapters.
5) Member-Only Benefits and Services
RSES provides member-only opportunities! Here are just a few:
Insurance – A quality collection of insurance plans offers comprehensive coverage with extensive options that can be tailored to your needs and budget:
• Disability Income Insurance
• Auto & Home Insurance - Group Savings Plus®
• Group Catastrophic Major Medical
• Discount Dental Plan
• Hospital Income Insurance
• Long Term Care
• Medicare Supplement
• Cancer Protection
Career assistance – Through the RSES Career Center job postings are maintained and updated regularly. Job seekers' resumes are searchable by employers with current job postings. RSES helps you make the right connections professionally, with confidence and confidentiality.
Discounted Programs – With companies such as:
• The Heartland Group, works with RSES Members to provide retirement planning services;
• Jiffy Lube Inc. - extends a discount to RSES members;
• Transworld Systems Commercial Division - an industry leader in collections, provides commercial collections services in all industries;
• First Data - offering merchant services for credit card processing;
• Market Hardware – a professional website and web marketing solution that grows your business –at a reduced rate for RSES members;
• FedEx Kinko's - Your Beacon for Business Solutions. Now it’s quick and convenient to save on document solutions.
…and many more!