A number of RSES training courses, as well as eLearning and seminars have been recognized by NATE for continuing education hours. Individuals who successfully complete one or more of these courses or seminars will receive credit toward renewing their NATE certification.
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (R/AC)
• Principles of Refrigeration - 32 CEHs
• Compressors, Condensers and Cooling Towers - 36 CEHs
• Evaporators and System Components - 38 CEHs
• Tools, Controls and Troubleshooting - 42 CEHs
• Air Conditioning Principles - 37 CEHs
• Heat Transfer and Distribution - 32 CEHs
• Heating Fundamentals - 36 CEHs
• Electric Heating - 36 CEHs
• Gas Heating - 32 CEHs
• Oil Heating - 36 CEHs
• Hot Water Heating - 38 CEHs
• Steam Heating - 38 CEHs
• Introduction to Electricity - 25 CEHs
• Electrical Components - 32 CEHs
• Basic Electronics - 40 CEHs
• Troubleshooting Components - 44 CEHs
• Troubleshooting Residential Equipment - 48 CEHs
• Electricity for the HVACR Technician - 42 CEHs
• Fundamentals of Controls - 30 CEHs
• Electromechanical Controls - 40 CEHs
Heat Pump - 128 CEHs
RSES Technical Institute
• Training Manual 1 - 72 CEHs
• Training Manual 2 - 72 CEHs
• Training Manual 3 - 72 CEHs
• Air Conditioning Fundamentals - 20 CEHs
• Electricity for HVACR Technicians - 36 CEHs
• Safety for HVACR Technicians - 16 CEHs
• Refrigerant Usage Certification (EPA Section 608 Certification Preparation) - 10 CEHs
• Hydrocarbon Refrigerants Course and Test - 2 CEHs
To view more information, visit RSES eLearning.
• NATE Core Essentials Online Training - 4 CEHs
• NATE Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps Online Training - 4 CEHs
To view the list of current seminars, refer to the RSES Events Calendar.
RSES Conference and HVACR Technology Expo
Earn 16 CEHs for attending educational sessions during the conference.
Simply visit the RSES Online Store, pay a nominal fee, read a specified published article from RSES Journal, successfully answer all 10 quiz questions correctly and print a certificate of completion for one hour of continuing education. It's that easy.
The RSES Webinar Series is another way to earn CEHs. Past webinars are available through the RSES Online Store and one CEH can be earned for each webinar.
Where can I get training and/or take the exam?
RSES and many of its Chapters are official testing and training organizations of NATE. We offer both specific training programs and NATE’s complete family of tests for service technicians and installers, and the specialties under the HVACR umbrella.
Training and testing for NATE certification is conducted through the local RSES Chapters. View the RSES Events Calendar to find scheduled exams in your area or contact your local Chapter to obtain testing date and location information in your area.
You may also find more scheduled test dates and locations directly through NATE at natex.org.
For further information on NATE training products, programs, or testing schedules please call RSES headquarters at 800/297-5660 or 847/297-6464, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need more information?
RSES is the leading education, training and certification preparation organization for HVACR professionals. RSES publishes various comprehensive industry training and reference materials in addition to delivering superior educational programs designed to benefit HVACR professionals at every stage of their careers through instructor-led training courses, online training for HVAC, educational seminars, interactive CD and DVD products, industry-related reference manuals, and helpful technical content through Service Application Manual chapters, the RSES Journal, the RSES Journal archives and feature articles, as well as web-exclusive features.
Beginning with basic theory and extending to complex troubleshooting, training courses covering refrigeration and air conditioning, heating, electricity, controls, heat pumps and safety may be conducted in a classroom environment or though self study. RSES publications may be purchased by schools, contractors, manufacturers or any other industry group wanting to conduct comprehensive training programs. Seminars covering air conditioning troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting, compressor training, condenser training, refrigerant piping practices, DDC controls, and more are held in various cities across North America.
Select training programs offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and NATE Continuing Education Hours (CEHs).
In addition, RSES offers industry certification preparation materials for refrigerant handling (EPA Section 608), R-410A and North American Technician Excellence (NATE) examinations.
RSES’ monthly magazine, RSES Journal, serves HVAC contractors, service technicians, students, operations/maintenance managers, engineers and technicians who work in the residential, light commercial, commercial and institutional markets on air conditioning, warm-air heating, refrigeration, ventilation, electrical, ice machines, chillers, hydronic heating, piping, refrigeration control and energy management, building automation, indoor air quality and duct cleaning, and sheet metal fabrication equipment and/or systems.
©2011 RSES. All Rights Reserved.