Refrigerant Usage Certification Prep (EPA Section 608)
Prepare for EPA certification with this 2-for-1 offer. For $45, you get a full online course plus the RSES Study Guide, both written by RSES experts. The online course and RSES Study Guide are specifically designed to help you pass the question groups for Core, Type I (small appliances), Type II (high-pressure system service), and Type III (low-pressure systems).
The online course and RSES Study Guide provide a thorough introduction to the concepts, laws, and processes related to the proper handling of refrigerants.
The RSES Study Guide is available from inside the online course, with a clear link from every screen.
* NATE CEHs: 10
* CEUs: 1.0
* Course length: Approximately 6-8 hoursDesigned For:
* Service techniciansAfter Completing This Course, You Will Understand:
* The characteristics of refrigerants and the laws related to refrigerant usage
* The concepts of "recover," "recycle," and "reclaim"
* The procedures used to "recover," "recycle," and "reclaim" refrigerants
* The safety considerations and guidelines for using and handling refrigerants and refrigerant cylinders
* The process and techniques for repairing small appliances refrigeration systems
* The process and techniques for repairing high-pressure and very high-pressure systems
* The process and techniques for repairing low-pressure systemsCourse Description:
* On-demand, interactive course of 4 modules
* Online course reader with easy-to-print PDFs
* Online self-assessment
* End-of-module exam and certificate of completionModules:
1. Refrigerant Usage Certification
2. Type I: Small Appliances
3. Type II: High-Pressure Systems
4. Type III: Low-Pressure SystemsEvery Module Includes:
* Module introduction
* Topic introduction
* Check-point questions
* Topic summary
* AssessmentOutcomes: The 4 online modules help you to understand:
* The understanding necessary to pass Core group
* The understanding necessary to obtain Type I certification
* The understanding necessary to obtain Type II certification
* The understanding necessary to obtain Type III certification
How This Course Relates to Existing RSES Training:
This online course is a great complement to the instructor-led trainings being offered by RSES Chapters.
The content of this Refrigerant Usage Certification Prep (EPA Section 608) online course and modules most closely resembles the "Refrigerant Usage Certification: A Study Guide for Service Technicians," as well as the "Refrigerant Usage Certification Instructor Power Point CD," however, the online course or any of the "Type specific" modules (e.g., Type I, Type II) in it can be used to supplement any Section 608 certification training program.